Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Salsa and Cows...and a few drinks


     Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I got some interesting stuff for you now. First off, on Friday or was it Saturday night, Simone took me to a huge Party at some village where it was basically thousands of people salsa dancing and drinking. It got to the point where i was lost for 2 hours by myself, speaking very poor french except for, "beer please." I eventually found everyone and continued on with the night. 
     
     Last night Simone took my to a show that is very typical of the southwest of France. His 2 friends who are pictured below are not really "bull fighters" but more like "cow avoiders." Regardless it was pretty interesting to watch and besides the show, they have "games" that the public can participate in. As much as I regret it now, at the time I didn't really feel like playing soccer in a ring with horned animals bigger than me running around freely or try and steal a rose tied between the horns of an angry, reasonably sized cow with not a care about what it would do to me...so here are the photos form outside the ring.

Simone's friends, Julien & Jerome

Jerome doing his job correctly

and Julien doing his job incorrectly, run Julien, run!

America's favorite pastime: Baseball
Southwest France's favorite pastime: Flipping over angry cows
Bill's favorite time last night? When Julien got plowed by a cow...he's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the cutting boarder by William Reeves is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.