Monday, July 6, 2009

First night in Southern France...


Hey everyone...I made it safely here to France and it was a very long sleepless journey for me but it seems to be all worth it now that I have arrived here at Camont. First off the most important thing so far is that Kate is awsome and the other three work study students she has here are really nice as well who all happen to be from Portland yet did not know each other before they got here which is a little wierd but whatever. Anyway I was greeted with open arms and the space here is amazing. the kitchen is really old with some new features ( dishwasher thank god ) and outside, our dining area surounds us with Grape leaves and plants. My room is on the 80 ft Barge that kate owns docked about 50 feet off a beaten path on the Garonne Canal. I got here around 7:45 pm Last night and Jonathan (work study) was working on the Potage (Garden) next to the chicken and duck coop where he was picking fresh produce which was for our dinner which we had at about 9:30ish and it was great, with some of the sweetest, best beets and hericot vert if ever had. Here are some quick photos I ran around taking so there was something to look at for you guys...
Camont...
The Julia Hoyt a.k.a. my house which is very roomy an far enough away from the roosters.
This is our dining area at night, I will get some better photos during the day soon.

Our newly semi adopted Dog Kiki and Bacon the other dog is somewhere else I couldn't find him.
...the reason I am here...
Jonathon with newly picked goodies from the Potage.

The chicken and duck coop.

2 comments:

  1. Don't float away while you're sleeping!!! We're very proud of you and glad that you are having a good time. Keep posting...it's so neat to see what you are up to. Love you...BIG SIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Glad you are having fun as well as having such a great experience. Also glad you arrived safely! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
the cutting boarder by William Reeves is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.