Thursday, March 5, 2009

The "Green Fairy" in the near future...



Ok so... I went on a skateboarding trip with a bunch of buddies to Paris, France this past summer, and I guess every typical young American that travels to Europe has the absinthe quest. Well, we were no different and while I was there, my friends and I did get a bottle and try it, but it was not full strength absinthe, and nothing that was speculated to happen did. We didn't freak out or cut our ears off like Pablo Picasso, but we also didn't drink it the traditional way. I did manage to go out and find a traditional bottle of absinthe and bring it back to the states. Here is a photo of the bottle at 68% alcohol by volume that my roomies and myself and I guess whoever else is around plan on consuming in the near future. So I guess this is just a little preview of a future post on this thing. Hopefully I will get out a little more and have some better stuff to write about like great or horrible restaurants around Philly or anything else I think of but for now this is all I got and hopefully when we do get around to it, I am still all ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
the cutting boarder by William Reeves is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.